Saturday, May 24, 2014

Week 1 - Operation Thermomix

MOST EXCITING DAY EVER!!!! Well almost :)

On Monday my Thermomix arrived. I have admired and coverted these machines for some time but knew that the cost was well out of what we could afford....thank goodness for the special deal in May allowing me to get mine on interest free and pay it off weekly!!!

So my baby arrived Monday and my Thermy consultant and I made stock and chatted. 


On Tuesday I was back at work and gave it a test run time wise. I walked in the door put my bags down, moved the Thermomix onto the stove top and took this picture - yep 6:28pm. 


By 6:40, 12 minutes later the soup was on and cooking...


By 7:01 (33 minutes later) the soup was cooked and pureed ready to eat!!! I knew my love affair was going to be a lifetime affair!


Mostly this week while learning to use my Thermy (which doesn't yet have a name) I stuck to soups from the cookbook that came with it. But after defrosting some mince for visitors that had to postpone I thought I'd give spaghetti & meatballs a go - the Michelle Bridges 12WBT recipe. 

Now as part of my membership I am bound by Michelle Bridges copyright on all of the recipes I get through the challenge - so I can't post the recipe. What I will do, is post the steps I followed using my Thermomix!

1. Place vegetables and garlic into the bowl - 3seconds Speed 5.
2. Scrape down and add mince and herbs. Mix for 20seconds on Speed 2 until completely combined.
3. Roll into balls and place in varoma tray and cook for 20 mins on varoma speed 3. 

I initially completed step 3 with water in the bowl below, but if I did it again I would cook the tomato sauce under the meatballs. 

For the Tomato sauce:
4. Add tomatoes, garlic, stock paste (I used 2 tablespoons) and water. Cook for 20 mins on Varoma on speed 3. 


5. I served the meatballs and spaghetti sauce on slim pasta. Make sure you rinse the slim pasta in cold water then pour boiling water over the noodles to heat them. Serve immediately. 

 It was very tasty and I was very happy to have completed a 12WBT recipe. More to come! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment